2017 feedback

'New year - new me', 'New year resolutions', loads of catchy hashtags on Instagram. .. January brings lots of that.

Some would be annoyed, some would be very excited, but fact is a fact - New Year brings something magical into our lives. It's a period of joy, hope and breeze of fresh start and even if you do not believe in that sort of thing, saying it is just another year, as always, and there is nothing special about it, you may be lying to yourself. I do not know any person who does not like the feeling of resetting, and a Happy New Year is definitely a time to feel that.

But the question is - when does that feeling fade away? When do we stop feeling that excitement about 'new chapter of our life' (another one)? Does it come with the first failure? Or with the first broken rule we have set up on 1st January (which can be included in 'the first failure' as well)? And why do we allow ourselves to stop feeling 'the fresh start' feelings after a while?

There is lots of questions and only one answer in my head - we are afraid of making and admitting to ourselves that we failed.
That is why my one and only 'New Year Resolution' is 'TRYING'. Trying as much as possible and start accepting (but still fighting!) my flaws and fears.


2017 brought me loads of joy and so many fresh starts I can't even count. Some bad, and even more good ones. I do believe in fresh starts - every day, or almost every in my 2017 case, and one of my personal favorites is traveling!

As a child I (or rather my parents) could not afford to travel even to nearby cities, not to mention aboard, so when back in 2016 I discovered my passion for traveling (and broke that magic wall of fear of sleeping somewhere else than home) I became obsessed. As a beginner, I enjoyed every weekend spent in different city and I do still love it now, but abroad vacations is something I am knee-deep recently.
Portugal was newer in my 'to visit list', but somehow the wind of fortune (and a real ££ bargain) brought me there, and I can consider it as the best holiday in my life so far.
Red wine, smell of espresso in the midday, my first oceans touch and beautiful views. I absolutely fell in love with sunny days, smiling faces and as an absolute cacti freak, with Mediterranean views.
One regret is I didn't take enough of pictures and days of holiday this time! That place is definitely on my 'to visit list' and this time for longer!








Although this year I have some amazing plans, which I have to make to perfection yet, I am definitely planning to visit Algarve region again.


One of the most revolutionary things (in this case maybe it should be consider as an 'actions') that happened to me at the beginning of 2017 was... going vegan! Not only for myself but mostly for animals and environment, and I could list never ending benefits of that, but I think movie 'What The Health' will definitely do it better. 
Some facts for sure - I became more effective, gained more energy which led me to... the gym! I broke another wall of fear of unknown and insecurities, as I had never in my life considered this, not to mention actually doing it! Another comfort zone I stepped out of. 
I started to spend more time in kitchen, educating myself how not to harm myself with my new lifestyle, as I'm not going to lie - from a person who couldn't imagine a day without chicken (and I  considered myself as a animal-lover...) for dinner to a proper 100% vegan - was not easy. But the 'learning to ride a bike not so easy and obvious at the age of 4, and now you could never forget it' way. 


In late 2017 I have started new job which I enjoyed to the almost highest level... unfortunately I couldn't say the same about the people I was surrounded with, which is the worst case scenario I could ever imagine. Thinking about quitting for the long time, I was, well... I was afraid and anxious about what is going to happen after that. And so I came back from the long weekend holiday and... got fired! 
That situation really got me thinking - not only about what I expect from myself and carrier, but relationships, personal goals and dreams to come true. As Anna Wintour said:

 'Everyone should be sacked at least once in their career because perfection doesn't exist. It's important to have setbacks, because that is the reality of life.'

Well... I got to that point where I got my reality to hit me, and so far I'm trying to sort out almost every aspect of my life starting from my carrier and  life-goals to relationships (the hardest one with myself). 

And I hope and believe 2018  to be even greater, filled with love, joy, 'out of comfort zones' and fights, not only for myself but for every creature on this planet! Make it happened!

Live, love, travel!



Comments